The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) is modernising the way it does grants management by investing in technology to automate some of the agency’s processes.
The Modernisation Fund is supporting the Grant Management Accelerator (GMA) and the Grant Outcome Reporting Accelerator (ORA).
GMA will help NHMRC to:
- efficiently sort applications by factors such as state, title, gender and institution
- find potential conflicts of interests
- select reviewers and their suitability by skills, qualifications and experience
- support final decisions by humans.
ORA will help NHMRC to:
- find grant outcomes after the research has finished with the Agency
- help create case studies to show the path from the research to outcome.