The Department of Finance is working with other government agencies and industry to build procurement capability in the public sector through the Centre of Procurement Excellence (CoPE).
The CoPE is focused on:
- sharing knowledge through communities of practice
- strengthening industry partnerships
- developing self-help tools
- gaining insights through better use of data
- promoting greater efficiency in procurement processes and systems.
As projects are delivered, public sector staff will notice the benefits of simpler processes and more help. Businesses can also access more help in preparing tender responses and finding opportunities.